Baker's German Chocolate Ice cream pie

Home Forums Swap Shop Baker's German Chocolate Ice cream pie

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Monica Kass Rogers 4 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

bbswan5
    Participant

Looking for a recipe that was on the wrapper of Baker’s German Chocolate for an ice cream crust pie with chocolate filling. My mom used to make it at Christmas with peppermint stick ice cream. Thanks

…how long ago did she make it? I do have a recipe booklet of Bakers German Chocolate recipes so I’ll go give that a look now!

Monica

bbswan5
    Participant

Thanks Monica,
    It was probably 30 years ago.
    I tried their website but couldn’t find it.
    It could have been the other way around,too. Chocolate
    Crust with ice cream filling.

Hi Again!
    I did dig up that “Bakers Favorite Chocolate Recipes” booklet from 1956. It has a recipe for a Chocolate Fudge Crust, to be filled with ice cream! Maybe this is it!
    Bakers German Chocolate, Chocolate Fudge Crust
    2 squares Baker’s Unsweetened Chocolate
    2 Tbsp Butter
    2 Tbsp hot milk or water
    2/3 cup sifted confectioners’ sugar
    1 1/2 Baker’s Coconut, cut, plain or toasted
    Melt chocolate and butter in top of double boiler, stirring until blended. Combine milk and sugar. Add to chocolate mixture, stirring well. Add coconut and mix well. Spread on bottom and sides of greased 9-inch pie pan. Chill until firm. To serve, fill crust with ice cream or another cold filling.
    Note: to toast coconut, spread thinly in shallow baking pan. Toast in moderate oven (350) 5 to 7 minutes; stir often.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.