Carrot cake with homemade praline

Home Forums Swap Shop Carrot cake with homemade praline

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jprodibaugh 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

jprodibaugh
    Participant

Hi everyone! When I was little, my great aunt made the most wonderful carrot cake. It’s been over 25 years since I’ve had one and I still remember it clearly. It was a from scratch carrot cake that included among the regular ingredients, shredded coconut and crushed pineapple.  The big distinction is that you also make a  HOMEMADE PRALINE CANDY  crumble that gets stirred into the batter. it also has cream cheese frosting (of course!) Unbelievably delicious!! Sadly, my great Aunt is long since gone from this earth and nobody has the recipe!! I would be so grateful if someone knows this one. If I could make it for my Granny (her Sister) it would make me so happy. Thank you!

Hi there! This sounds amazing–a few questions as I get sleuthing: When did your great Aunt make the cake (what decade) and where did she live? (city, town, state?) Thanks so much–MKR

jprodibaugh
    Participant

She made it in the seventies and eighties. she lived in Denver Colorado all of her life. It really was such a unique and delicious cake!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.