Chocolate Shotz Cookies

Home Forums Swap Shop Chocolate Shotz Cookies

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Monica Kass Rogers 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

anyasmom
    Participant

These cookies are ‘bar’ cookies with butter, confectioners sugar, oatmeal, vanilla and not sure what else. Had the recipe in the early 2000’s, my sister gave it to me and unfortunately, she is no longer alive. The cookies are rolled in ‘shotz’, either chocolate or the ‘rainbow’ colored on the sides you get these from the baking aisle. They are cut into approximately 1/4″ and baked on a non-greased baking sheet. Thanking in advance anyone who is able to assist!

ann
    Participant

Dear Anyasmom and Monica:

I believe I have the cookie recipe you are searching for. My Mom gave me this recipe in the early ’80s and she credits her source as the “Chicago Tribune.” It may not be verbatim from the Tribune recipe, since I was just starting to bake and my Mom may have included a tip or something she did to make the recipe her own. I always make them with butter and they are delicious . . . enjoy! Ann

Chocolate Sprinkle Oatmeal Cookies

Recipe from: Chicago Tribune (circa early 1980s)

Makes 3-1/2 dozen

1 cup oleo or butter, softened
    1 cup powdered sugar
    2 tsp vanilla
    1-1/2 cups sifted flour
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    1 cup oatmeal
    1/2 cup chocolate sprinkles

Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add vanilla, flour, baking soda and oatmeal. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate for about an hour.

Shape dough into a 1-1/2 inch diameter roll – Make 4 short rolls – easier to handle.

Spread sprinkles on 10 x 12 inch sheet of wax paper. Coat roll with sprinkles. Wrap wax paper over cookie roll to cover. Refrigerate for one hour. Remove roll from refrigerator and slice into 3/8” rounds. Place on baking sheet. Bake in 325 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.

Hey, Ann! Thanks so much for posting!–Monica Kass Rogers

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.