Lemon Silver Dessert

Home Forums Swap Shop Lemon Silver Dessert

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  hjpfaff 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

hjpfaff
    Participant

Can you please help me find a recipe for a refrigerated dessert which has been called “Lemon Silver”?

The dessert I am looking for is a creamy mixture of sugar, eggs (perhaps no egg white), gelatin, and lemon juice similar to the filling for a lemon angel pie. It is placed in a pan lined with a crumb crust, chilled and topped with a thin layer of sour cream or whipped cream. It holds its shape when sliced and can be served in squares. Egg whites do not seem to be whipped and folded in. It’s like a firm, creamy, lemon pudding and somewhat tart in taste. This recipe may have come from Austria.

I have found a recipe for a “Sunny Silver Pie” but this is not the recipe I’m looking for. It calls for egg yolks, lemon juice, salt and sugar to be cooked in a double boiler and then gelatin dissolved in cold water is added. Egg whites beaten with sugar are then folded in. All is put into a baked pie shell and topped with whipped cream. But, this is not the recipe I’m looking for.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.