Need jello recipe for my mother in law (72 yrs old) and she has lost the recipe

Home Forums Swap Shop Need jello recipe for my mother in law (72 yrs old) and she has lost the recipe

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ann 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

dvanwinkle
    Participant

She only remembers part of the recipe-mandarin oranges/boxed dream whip/frozen orange juice/7 up and 2 kinds of jello. She remembers that you made the jello on the bottom and that the dream whip got made for the top but can’t remember much else – loved the recipe and would really like to find this recipe. Can’t find by google search. Her sister is sick and wants to make before she passes away.

ann
    Participant

The following recipe is not one that I have made myself; however, it sounded very similar to the one you requested. It comes from a small cookbook that was handed out by realtors and dates to the late 70s – Port Pourri Recipes – Rich Port Realtor.

7-UP SALAD

2 – 3 ounce boxes lemon gelatin
    2 cups hot water
    2 cups 7-Up
    1 can drained crushed pineapple (keep juice)
    1 cup small marshmallows
    1 can drained mandarin oranges
    1 cup pineapple juice
    1 egg, beaten
    1 cup sugar
    1 heaping tablespoon flour
    1 envelope Dream Whip
    1/2 cup chopped nuts

Dissolve gelatin in water. Add 7-Up, pineapple, marshmallows and oranges. Pour into 9×13 inch pan or large dish and refrigerate until firm. Heat juice, egg, sugar and flour until thick, then refrigerate. Prepare Dream Whip as directed, chill, and blend with chilled pineapple juice mixture. Spread over gelatin, sprinkle with nuts.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.