If you face the challenge of convincing a meat-loving family that a vegetarian entree can satisfy, try this cheesy mushroom filled enchilada recipe. It works for any meal. We show it here as a hearty breakfast.
- 1 large onion
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp water
- 8 ounces each crimini, portobella and oyster mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups mozzarella or jack cheese
- salsa, pico de gallo and fresh cilantro for garnish
- Chop one large onion and 6 cloves garlic and saute in 1 Tbsp olive oil & 2 Tbsp water until transparent.
- Finely chop 8 ounces each crimini, portobella and oyster mushrooms. Add to onions with 2 Tbsp chopped parsley and cook until almost dry.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Grate 2 cups of mozzarella or jack cheese.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a small skillet with olive oil and heat—one at a time—a package-worth of corn tortillas. Fill each with mushroom filling and cheese. Roll and place in baking dish, seam-side down. Sprinkle all with cheese and heat at 400F until bubbly.
- Serve with choice of salsa, pico de gallo and fresh cilantro.