Pink, summer shimmery, refreshing, this easy-to-make icy blend of sweetened frozen melon presents lots of summer possibilities. You can make popsicles, blocks or cubes of it…experiment!
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 6 cups small chunks seedless watermelon (about one whole mini-seedless melon)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 envelopes Knox unflavored Gelatin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- Place watermelon in batches, in a 5-cup blender. Cover and process until smooth and liquid. Pour into a large bowl. Stir in lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix unflavored gelatin with sugar. Add boiling water and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved. Cool slightly; stir into watermelon mixture.
- Pour mixture into freezer-safe containers. (I use disposable lidded ones.) Freeze until firm around the edges; about 1 1/2 hours.
- Scrape the partially frozen mass into a large bowl. Beat again until smooth. Return to lidded containers and freeze until firm, 3 to 4 hours.