Although there’s honey in the title, there’s no honey in the mix–but there is pineapple! This nectar sweet, old-fashioned jam tastes perfect on your morning toast. We like it with Famous Nut Tree Bread.
Makes two quarts
- 8 lbs peeled and cored pears
- 1 No. 2 can (2 1/2 cups) crushed pineapple with its juice
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Put peeled/cored pears through food chopper, or chop semi fine by hand.
- Place in large bowl with pineapple and pineapple juice.
- Measure fruit: Scoop fruit in to one cup measure and dump, cup by cup into large, enameled pot. For every cup of fruit, add one cup of sugar to the pot.
- Add lemon juice. Mix. Boil until thick and clear. Bottle. Refrigerate. OR you can place the preserves in sterilized canning jars and water-bath process following your favorite canning instructions, to make shelf stable.