One of our readers requested this recipe which is pure decadence in a spring-form pan. Swirled with chocolate, laden with peanut butter, and topped with sour cream, this cake is rich upon rich. Awesome texture and taste
Makes 10-12 servings
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup, 7 Tbsp sugar
- ¾ cup melted butter
- 2 lbs cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 ¾ cups sour cream
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
- Mix crumbs with 3 Tbsp sugar and butter. Pat into buttered 9-inch springform pan.
- Mix cream cheese and ¾ cup sugar in a blender at medium speed until well blended. Then blend in eggs, one at a time, with lemon juice and one tsp. vanilla.
- Warm peanut butter until soft and add to blender Pour about ¼ of the cheese mixture into the pan and spread evenly.
- Melt the chocolate (can do in microwave, stirring often) swirl into the cheese in the pan. Alternate cheese and chocolate until all is used.
- Wrap bottom of pan in foil to keep fat from dripping down onto the oven racks during first portion of baking.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes. Then 250 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Combine sour cream with ½ cup sugar and remaining tsp. of vanilla. Pour mixture over and bake for 10 more minutes at 250 degrees.